109077 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Install Hyper-V server on HPDL-60 no drives seen

SOLVED
Go to solution
pwingert
Occasional Advisor

Install Hyper-V server on HPDL-60 no drives seen

Machine boots from USB key with Hyper-V 2016 on it simply fine. But when I start the install (From advanced) I do not have any hard drive display. I reset the array configuration to factory default from being a raid for a logical drive, (Another post suggested this). Do I need to load a driver into the Hyper-V before I can see the drives?

4 REPLIES 4
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Install Hyper-V server on HPDL-60 no drives seen

Yes, you have to  load  smart array controller driver into the Hyper-V after that you can see hard drives for OS installation.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
pwingert
Occasional Advisor

I have downloaded the b120 driver files and placed them in a subdirectory on the USB key that has Hyper-V on it. when it allows me to load the drivers, I browse to the directory click on it and it can't see the files. Do I need them in the root directory? Is there a specific naming convention for them? what is the exact file name I am looking for? I am now using Hyper-V 2019 instead of 2016. Does this make a difference?

jdavitt

I too am having this issue.  I downloaded the driver.  added it to the boot usb driver and pointed the hyper-v installation ther but it doesn't see any drivers.  which driver is specifically needed for smart array support on Hyper-v 2019?  and what is the best way to satisfy the installation prompts? 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jdavitt 

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo