1755609 Members
3901 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Gen11 MR416i-p firmware update failing with latest SPP

aireynol
Valued Contributor

Gen11 MR416i-p firmware update failing with latest SPP

I have a number of Gen11 servers with MR416i-p card running Server 2022 that are failing to install this component with SPP 2024.04.00.00

HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Gen11 MR416i-p firmware update failing with latest SPP

System recommended content:

1. Gen11 SPP 2024.04.00.00 Component Release notes

2. Gen11 SPP 2024.04.00.00 Contents Report

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

aireynol
Valued Contributor

Re: Gen11 MR416i-p firmware update failing with latest SPP

Seems a workaround to this issue and another that I had with 2024.04.00.00 (https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/nvme-firmware-updates-failing-with-latest-spp-s2d/td-p/7212744) is to do an offline firmware update with the iso mounted via the ilo console. Not an ideal resolution as now I will need to do an offline update for the firmware and an online update for the drivers and management tooling. Not the most scalable process.

SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello aireynol,
You could use the online update to flash the SPP bundle. Mount the SPP ISO image or connect via USB device and open the contents of the SPP ISO image and right click on the file named - launch_sum (Its a batch file), Select Run as Administrator. This will update the firmwares, drivers, applications, chipset and so on.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
aireynol
Valued Contributor

Particularly in this case, online update does not seem possible for this version of this component, requring an additional offline run of the spp. This doubles the time and effort to get this spp deployed to a fleet of systems.

SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello aireynol,
The reason for the error while updating the firmware from iLO is due to a missing signed security file. The support site should most likely have that file available in due course. However, the other way around updating the firmware is through the SPP. 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo