1753443 Members
4943 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 Software RAID Problem

Avicente
Occasional Collector

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 Software RAID Problem

Hi, I'm facing some big troubles to install WS 2016 in a DL385 Gen10 server. I'll try to put the details chronologically:

- I make the software raid on the BIOS. I have 2 SSD M.2 SATA 1TB each, raid 1. SSA sees it correctly.
- I try to install WS with bootable DVD. When I try to put the drivers for the controller to get recognized, Windows says it does not contain any driver...
- I try with intelligent provisioning. It seems it's installing but after first reboot, a command prompt is opened to copy drivers and stuff, but it get an error at some point and crashes. It remains in a "bootloop" every time I reboot. I searched on google and it seems that's a common error and I have to update the intelligent provisioning.

- Now the RAID is recoginezed in the BIOS (I've cleared either the disks and the controller several times...) but the intelligent provisioning doesn't sees it and the SSA shows a warning and no logical or physical disk (code 267). Windows drivers doesn't work either and I've came to a dead end... I hope you can help me.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Shwetha3
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

1. HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10  controller works only in UEFI Bios Mode. Please recheck on system bios ion boot options, if you are on UEFI mode. Also make sure the Embedded controller is enabled in BIOS 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00026445en_us

2. You can install OS directly mounting the windows ISO image on ILO virtual drive, boot the sever from ILO virtual media and windows would still not see the HDD ,as the controller is not recognized by the windows 2016 media. You have then have load drivers when prompted to upload driver.  you can download the driver and  extract it to a USB stick and connect it to server to upload the driver. Be aware that you need to disconnect the USB stick post installing the driver , else it would mess with the installation 

driver download : 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d64e5e9ddd2f4e9285913bbcab#tab1

3. Update the Intelligent Provisioning (IP) to latest 3.30 and make sure the controller is enabled in BIOS, you should be able to see it on SSA on IP . Perform the Assisted OS install  on IP 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5e12f516782745b1a7ac115e7f#tab5

make sure you read the release notes and "important" section before applying this update 

I am an HPE Employee
harlem24

Hi,

is it possible to update the IP without a DVD-drive?

I really don't have one at hand.

Greets

CHris

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You can use ILO virtual media or create an USB thumb drive using the USB creator inside the ISO.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!