2079 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Administrator Password.

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA917114

ILO Administrator Password.

I 'm configuring one ILO (Remote integrated Light out card) in a Proliant Dl360G2 Server. while booting i pressed F8 to confiure the CARD but it is asking for Administrator Password which i dont have. Please let me know how i can discover the password or reset it. I have the Serial No and DNS Name for ILo Card. Thanks.. Please respond ASAP.
fixer
2 REPLIES 2
CA859951
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ILO Administrator Password.

You need to set jumper (J29)the Integrated Lights-Out Security Override
Switch.
To set the iLO Security Override Jumper:
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server from the rack.
3. Remove the server access panel.
4. Locate the three pins of J29 and move the jumper from the front and center pins to the center and rear pins to override password security. J29 is to the front of the 30 pin Remote Insight Connector.
5. Replace the server access panel and put the server back into the rack.
6. Power on the server.
7. Logon to the iLO and reset the passwords.

A warning message will be displayed on the iLO Web pages indicating the iLO Security Override function is currently active. An iLO log entry will be added recording the use of the iLO Security Override. An SNMP alert may also be sent upon setting or clearing the iLO Security Override function.
In the unlikely event it is necessary, enabling the iLO Security Override also enables the iLO boot-block to be flashed. The boot-block will be exposed until the iLO is reset. Compaq recommends the iLO be disconnected from the network until the reset is complete.

For more info:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/maintenance_guides/233831-001_rev1_us.pdf

G'Luck!
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO Administrator Password.

Did this help?
"Now is the only thing that's real!"