ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1767409 Members
3816 Online
108962 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL 360 Gen 10 VGA not displaying video to monitor.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ed_Brown
Occasional Collector

ProLiant DL 360 Gen 10 VGA not displaying video to monitor.

This server all of a sudden will not display video from the VGA port. I only have the one on-board VGA port on the back of the server.

I have tried several monitors and VGA cables and they all do not work, but they do in fact work when plugged into another HPE server.

When I power on the server, the monitor wakes up, stays on through boot, and only goes to sleep according to the OS settings. So it is like the port is responsive but not outputting any video.

On boot it does not display POST/BIOS. I have rebooted several times hitting F8, F9, F10, F12 etc. to no avail.

This server is a DC in a small stand-alone network. It is the only DC in the network. I am currently locked out and need to get into DSRM to restore access. I need to do this locally as I cannot get in through RDP. Hence my dillema not being to get any video all of the sudden locally.

I am really hoping it is not a bad VGA port on the motherboard. 

2 REPLIES 2
Ed_Brown
Occasional Collector
Solution

Re: ProLiant DL 360 Gen 10 VGA not displaying video to monitor.

Solved by simply unplugging the power cord from the back of the server for 5 minutes. Possibly something to do with NVRAM?

Sunitha_Mod

Re: ProLiant DL 360 Gen 10 VGA not displaying video to monitor.

Hello @Ed_Brown,

We are glad to know you were able to find the solution and thank you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo