New Discussion

Server OS installation shutdown itself

SOLVED
Go to solution
piaakit
Occasional Advisor

Server OS installation shutdown itself

Dear All, 

I have a new HPE EL380 gen10 server, and we added a raid card MR416i-p & 7 x 3.87 TB & dl38x gen10 UBM2/TM BP kit with 7 x 3.86TB ssd into the BP kit, but we found when i tried to install the server 2019 and its will power off itself, and i perform the full diagnosis test, and i found the following error, this is brand new and never been used before, any idea what goes wrong ? Thanks 

error.jpg

Best regards, 

Keith 

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: Server OS installation shutdown itself

Hi piaakit, 
DL380 Gen10 server supports MR416i-p MegaRAID controller. Please verify the following-
1) Installed MR controller is branded as HPE or Broadcom ? HDD supportability may differ.
2) BP Kit is supported ? 
3) Disks you installed are supported by the MR controller and server model ?
To get the answers, please go through the Quickspecs (page 52 to 56). It will explain supported HDDs of different controllers including HPE and Broadcom branded.
I believe, the root cause may be the isntalled disk may not be supported by Server or the MR controller. If the issue still persists, please let us know the product number of HDD along with MR controller.

Regards,
Shiva_jr
Please mark as solution accepted if this post answers your query.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

piaakit
Occasional Advisor
Solution

the problem has resolved by taking out the raid card from the riser card and connected back again and everything run smooth, thanks for your recommendation 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @piaakit,

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo