1641 Online
109004 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows Server 2022 ID 24607 error

Fennpfuhl
Occasional Collector

Windows Server 2022 ID 24607 error

Hello,

I always get this error message in the Windows Server 2022 Manager with the error ID 24607 when I reboot the System.

The event information received from array controller S100i SR Gen10 [Embedded] was of an unknown or unrecognized class.

An excerpt of the controller message is as follows: D000 (current:0/threshold:0/max:0): Could not read temperature.

I am running a HP Proliant Microserver Gen10 plus an use the Smart Array for my RAID5 setup, the systems works fine but the error is a bit unpleasent.

Can somebody explain this error to me and how to fix this?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
thutchings
HPE Pro

Re: Windows Server 2022 ID 24607 error

Hello,

Is this a new setup or did you update the firmware/drivers on the server recently? I am seeing an issue that is currently under investigation regarding new firmware having been introduced, but the array event notification service does not understand the new notification events it is receiving, which results in the message you see in the event log.

Regards

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Fennpfuhl
Occasional Collector

Hello @thutchings ,

thank you for your reply, could you send me the link to the problem you mentioned or keep me updated when it has been solved?

Regards,

Fennpfuhl
Occasional Collector

@thutchings 

and to answer the questions, yes we have updated the system recently and also installed new drivers and since then we are seeing these error messages.
Oddly enough only when restarting the system

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@Fennpfuhl 

Good day! 

The error message you are encountering, Event ID 24607, seems to be related to the HPE Smart Array controller on your HP Proliant Microserver Gen10. This error is indicating that the Windows Server 2022 Manager received an event message from the array controller, but it does not recognize the class of the event. Specifically, it mentions a temperature reading issue.

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@Fennpfuhl 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

>> Ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware installed for both the HPE Smart Array controller and your server's hardware components. HPE periodically releases updates that may address compatibility issues or bugs that can cause such errors.

>> Use the HPE Array Configuration Utility (ACU) or HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA) to check the health of your RAID array. Look for any warnings or errors related to the controller or the drives in the array. If you find any issues, address them accordingly.

>> The error message mentions a temperature reading issue. Verify that the temperature sensors in your server are functioning correctly. Ensure that the server is adequately cooled and that there are no hardware issues causing temperature discrepancies.

>> Check the Windows Event Viewer for additional logs or events related to the Smart Array controller or any other hardware issues. These logs may provide more context and details about the problem.

>> Search for known issues and solutions related to your specific hardware and software combination. Sometimes, these errors are related to specific configurations or known bugs that have been addressed in later updates or patches.

>> As a precaution, ensure that you have up-to-date backups of your data, especially if you are dealing with a RAID controller and disk-related issues. While troubleshooting, it's always good to have a backup in case you need to rebuild or replace the array.

>> After taking the above steps, monitor your server for any recurrence of the error. If the issue persists or escalates, consider seeking professional assistance to diagnose and resolve the problem.

>> If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider reaching out to HPE support. They can provide specific guidance and assistance in diagnosing and resolving hardware-related problems.

Remember that working with server hardware and RAID configurations can be complex, so it's essential to proceed with caution and follow best practices to avoid data breakage or further issues.

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.