ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754890 Members
3673 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

AftabAhmad
Occasional Visitor

Cannot configure ML10v2/B120i via ACU or SSA, Help please!

Hello all

I'm almost bald from pulling my hair out for the last few hours.

Almost identical to this post from 2015 https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Can-t-configure-RAID-on-ML10-v2-B120i-controller/td-p/6755096#.XfGIq5P7TOR when booting my ML10 v2 and pressing F5, I get a confirmation that F5 has been pressed and the ACU will lbegin to load. However instead of loading, it just continues to boot from the controller in to an old version of 2008 R2. I want to be able to trash the array and start from scratch.

After reading the linked post, I have tried all means of getting to the config utility. I have downloaded multiple versions of SSA and burning them to USB using the HP USB Key Tool v2, v3 and even Rufus. Every time it completes successfully but the server just doesn't want to boot to it, skips past it like there is nothing to boot then boots the controller in to the old Windows install.

I then also tried to update the firmware using the online tool and the flash-key tool. The online tool (while logged in to 2008 R2 just installs but goes know where, can't find it in program files or any other folder on the server. The USB boot way also just doesn't want to boot.

I can confirm USB boot is working because my Windows server 2019 USB works (made with Rufus and set to BIOS/UEFI non CSM) and I'm able to load the set up, load the B120i drivers and install on to the array.

However, my end goal is to install Server2019 on to the SSD (SATA connected) and have the old array (SAS) as my data volume. However to do this I have read that I need to create a new RAID0 volume in the array for the single SSD and to make it the primary boot device. Since I can't get in the ACU or SSA I'm really stuck.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as I've wasted many hours today just watching the server boot over and over.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thank you all in advance.

Who Me Too'd this topic