108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 360 G3 iLO Lights-out

SOLVED
Go to solution
robert_330

DL 360 G3 iLO Lights-out

Hi all
I have been tasked to setup all our servers to use iLO. I have been trying to get our test server a DL 360 G3 to work. But I have had no luck. The DL360 has two network nics but as far as I can tell none of them have been specifically assigned for the iLO connection and Insight Manager shows it as a separate imbedded card.
I connected the second nic on the server and configured it to be the same IP and subnet as the iLO settings and connected to my switch.
When I go into Insight manager for that server Integrated lights-out shows the information I set up but I cannot access it from the web link. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Robert
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

See page 3-9 of the "DL360G3 Setup and Installation Guide" at http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_293974-001_rev3_us/TPM_293974-001_rev3_us.pdf

There are 3 jacks with RJ-45 connectors on the back. One is for iLO and the 2 stacked connectors are for the 2 NIC ports.

There is a new feature in the G4 servers that let iLO share a NIC port optionally to reduce the number of connections required to a switch. However in that configuration, only a text interface is available.
robert_330

Thanks I just found the port, the power cables were hideing it. Its all up and running.
My boss asked me about a Terminal service conection you can launch from the console could you please point me in the right direction.

regards
Robert
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

iLO with 1.5 firmware or later has the ability to redirect Windows terminal services connection out through the iLO port. A redirector driver and the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 are required on the host. See http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> iLO for links to the documentation and to download firmware/drivers.