Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752815 Members
5919 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to create Logical Array in iLO v4 programmatically (Redfish RESTful API) ?

VigneshKP
Occasional Contributor

How to create Logical Array in iLO v4 programmatically (Redfish RESTful API) ?

Hi Team,

On iLO v5 I am making the following Redfish REST request to cleate a logical drive, but the same request is not working on iLO v4. Is there any way I can do the same for iLO v4 from a python script ?

PUT /redfish/v1/Systems/1/SmartStorageConfig/Settings

{
"DataGuard": "Disabled",
"LogicalDrives": [{
"DataDrives": ["I1:4:2", "I2:4:3"],
"Raid": "Raid1"
}]
}

Any request I make to SmartStorageConfig is failing on iLO v4, it works properly on iLO v5. I need a way to configure the disk drives on the server programatically. Please let me know if there a way to do that.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: How to create Logical Array in iLO v4 programmatically (Redfish RESTful API) ?

This functionality was added in Gen10 Proliant. It is not available in previous generation servers

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
VigneshKP
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply, is there any other way to configure the disk drives programatically ?

I need to do the below,

1. Get the list of array controllers

2. Create a disk in RAID5

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@VigneshKP wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply, is there any other way to configure the disk drives programatically ?

I need to do the below,

1. Get the list of array controllers

2. Create a disk in RAID5

You can boot into the scripting toolkit and use ssacli.  The utilites in the toolkit will allow you to configure RBSU, iLO and Smart Array controller settings.  The RESTtool is now included in the toolkit

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/detail/pip.scripting-toolkit-for-windows-and-linux.5219389.html

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!