Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752567 Members
5374 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trouble logging into iLO from IE6

Mike Chung

Trouble logging into iLO from IE6

Here's a problem I am having with accessing the iLO port from a web browser. I am able to get into the iLO port by pressing during the startup, however, I am unable to login to the ML370 iLO port via my browser.

When I connect through the browser, I am able to accept the certificate and get to the login screen, but when I enter in the username and password and click the Login button, nothing happens. My browser is IE6 128 bit.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Trouble logging into iLO from IE6

Mike,

By any chance, do you have an underscore in your iLO dns name?

Does it work if you browse iLO by its ip address?
Mike Chung

Thanks for the reply. I've just been accessing it by typing the IP address into my browser.

I'm able to get to the login screen, so it doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue. I'm thinking maybe its a setting that we may have set in IE since we lock down many of the security settings in IE. I'm not sure what browser settings iLO may require though.
Ross Minkov
Esteemed Contributor

Did you try accessing it with another browser, say firefox?

You can download it from here

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I've seen instances when digital certificates get messed up and one browser works and the other won't...

Ross
acartes
Honored Contributor

iLO uses session cookies to track logins. These are non-persistent cookies - that is, by closing your browser, the cookie is erased. If your browser has cookies disabled, it could cause problems.
Mike Chung

We're in a controlled environment where we pretty much have to use IE6. I'll check our Cookies setting to see if that could be the problem.

Thanks!
Mike
Ross Minkov
Esteemed Contributor

Mike,
Also ensure that any users browsing to the login screen either complete login or close the login screen to allow access to other users. There was a CUSTOMER ADVISORY about that. I'll attach it here.
Ross