1752461 Members
5765 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cluster Monitor Status Change event messages

Larry Williamson
Occasional Contributor

Cluster Monitor Status Change event messages

Just installed SIM 4 & am receiving Cluster Monitor Status Change event messages repeatedly from every cluster in the SIM database.

These are examples of the messages from each cluster:
"MSCS resource: at Wed, 12-May-2004, 11:09 AM EDT device status on cluster serverclu01 became critical"
"CPU resource: at Wed, 12-May-2004, 11:09 AM EDT device status on node server01 of cluster serverclu01 became critical"
"Disk resource: at Wed, 12-May-2004, 11:09 AM EDT device status on node server02 of cluster serverclu01 became critical"

These are all 2k & 2K3 MS clusters with the latest HP Support Pack installed. The events are exacly the same for every cluster & are generated at random times from 30 min. to several hours.

These are the only errors being reported by Insight Manager. There are no events logged in Event Viewer & the cluster logs aren't showing any problems. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

I am having the exact same problem, could someone please help.
Dean Emberton
Occasional Advisor

I'm also havingthe same issue with the notifications. It appears that several people have the same issue. But the questions is what is the resolution?

Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

If you are running SIM 4.0 and the problem occurs once a day. (just after the daily Automatic Discovery runs) then this is a known problem which has been corrected in SIM 4.1.
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

I don't know about everyone else, but my problem occurs many times a day. And I am running SIM 4.1.
Christian Mentschik
Regular Advisor

i have the same problem! SIM 4.1
Carl Amess

Also have the same problem and I am running HPSim 4.1.

Does anybody have a resolution for this yet?
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

Is there still no solution to this problem? I am getting over 100 of these messages a day.
Robert_189
Occasional Contributor

Same problem here. Anybody heard of any solutions?
Eric Scott

Any updates on this? Having the same annoying issue with NW clusters