1748180 Members
4022 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Excessive Link Up Events

MrMike_2
Advisor

Excessive Link Up Events

I am managing some windows servers that send SIM upwards of 22 Link Up SNMP notications when the servers are rebooted. Thsee are BL460C blades with teamed NIC's. Not sure how to troublshoot why this is happening or if this is normal. A test SNMP trap only sends one event to SIM. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
tsor

Hi i have also got that problem. 24 link up on a cold start. Spec is BL460c G6. 1 strange thing is that the cisco switch disable the port due to many up and down links... seeing from the cisco log. very strange... did a firmware upgrade on all hw and new drivers on the nics. Still got up links up snmp nots and logs nots from cisco switch but now no disabling ports from the cisco switch... any1 got any solution for this?
tsor

Think i found the solution... with the new BL460c G6 comes a new nic with 10Gb support (NC532i Dual Port 10Gb). The thing was that the com-ppl hard configure the ports in the cisco-swith to 1Gb-Full... and default from our side (BL460c G6) it was set to auto. now its auto on the switch and no more disable nics and link-flaps :) regards tsor