5474 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.3 does not discover Windows Clusters

Carlos Hernandez Barea
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 5.3 does not discover Windows Clusters

Hello.

A few days ago I installed a fresh copy of HP SIM 5.3. Until now, I have not been able to discover any Microsoft Windows cluster on the console. Other colleagues have reported the same issue.

Do you know if this is a bug in the 5.3 version or do I have to do some new configuration step?

Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
Scott White_5
Advisor

I have the same issue so you are definitely not alone. Still receiving all the cluster\node alerts but the Windows clusters don't seem to be being recognized.

Scott
Balajee

Make sure that Cluster Agents are enabled in respective Node. goto control panel and open HP management Agents.Select the Clustering information from inactive agents and move to active agents. perform this task on both the nodes. Restart the foundation agents.

Delete all the enteries in HP SIM and discover again.
Tim Hausmann

Hi,

I have the same problem. I think I have found the reason but have no answer or troubleshoot for it.

On server which are discoverd as cluster in hp sim, on the Management HP unter the clusterinformation you can find the cluster ip on the top of the site.

At server which are not discored as cluster, you can open the clusterinformation and all th├Г┬нng is right but at the top of the site he didnt display the cluster ip.

is in the mibs a hardcoded name for the ressource of the cluster ip??

Greats Tim
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I have found that the WBEM agents do not support cluster identifcation in SIM (at least in the early versions of them).

I am sure you already have this, but make sure you have the HP Management Agents installed and not just the WBEM agents on the target machines.

Nelson