108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Installation Account locked out

SOLVED
Go to solution
Seewald
Occasional Advisor

Installation Account locked out

I installed HP SIM with an user account with administrativ priviliges. Now we got new user accounts and this "old" account is locked. HP SIM doesn´t works any longer. (If I unlock the account HP SIM works fine.) I gues the HP SIM used this account to connect to the MSDE Database of HP SIM. How can I configure a new service account for HP SIM?
6 REPLIES 6
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Installation Account locked out

james_n
Advisor

Hi If you look at the SIM Services in computer management a number of them will have a "log on as" (your_old_account) the "log on as" will need to be changed to your new service account, SIM should now start

James
Seewald
Occasional Advisor

Hi James,

yes I already changed the "log on as" Account at the services. But if I lock the "old" domain-account I used for the Installation of HP SIM inclusive the MSDE Installation I can´t open the HP SIM web-site on port:50000.
Did I have to change the account verification for the MSDE Database (for Instance with MS SQL Enterprice Manager) ?
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor
Solution

Albert Austin's link should provide what you need. Alterntively, there are a few config files within the HP SIM Directory that may also need to be modified, though I believe the mxpassword will do all of this.

If nothing else, call HP Support (Say Insight Manager) and open a case, they'll walk you through it fairly quickly.
Seewald
Occasional Advisor

FYI

under the Install-Directory of HP SIM
you have to modify in the file \config\database.props

under the line
hp.Database.username=\\"user"
you have to specify the user for the service
(f.i. the HP SIM Service Account)

After that you can use the mxpassword command to change the password of this "new" account.
Seewald
Occasional Advisor

My colleagues and I found the solution.