1753257 Members
5977 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help adding a vbs as a custom tool

Vince Tyson
Advisor

Need help adding a vbs as a custom tool

From my CMS i've added a Custom Tool that should execute a VBS script but when I do a "run now" all I get is a standard error with "'chcp' is not recongnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Any idea on how to mget this to work.
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Hard to say much without knowing more about what you're doing, but one thing the error is telling you is that it can't find chcp.com in any of the locations named in the PATH variable. You should also make sure that you call cscript.exe explicity, and preferably with a FQPN in traditional 8.3 format.
Vince Tyson
Advisor

I can call the cscript.exe just fine and I also have the chcp.com in my path. Can VBS scripts be run as a CMS Tool?

I'm trying to run a VBS script from HP SIM via the tools drop down as a custom tool. I've added the script as a CMS tool and every time I run it I recieve an exit code 1, chcp is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Is there something I need to set in the globalsettings.props file that may help?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

It may be in YOUR path but is it in the path in which the context is run?
Vince Tyson
Advisor

I did a google search and found that others have expereinced the same problem. It appears that this problem was introduced in HP SIM version 5.3. I'm in the process of upgrading to 6.0 at this time. After the upgrade I will update this thread.
Vince Tyson
Advisor

That was it. Once upgraded from 5.3 to 6.0 the problem with chcp is gone. Now I can move forward again.
Vince Tyson
Advisor

HP SIM 6.0 works much better than 5.3 for configuring and using user customer tools.