New Discussion юеВ

VCA agent 2.2.0.820 -> no checkboxes for multiple install

SOLVED
Go to solution
Franc van de Westelaken_1
Frequent Advisor

VCA agent 2.2.0.820 -> no checkboxes for multiple install

Hi,

version 2.2.0.820 for the version control agent has (finally) the option to install multiple updates at once. I've updated all my servers to this new VCA agent, but on some of them this new functionaltiy is available (checkboxes appear next to the updates) but on others these checkboxes are missing and I have to update the old way. Any idea why this is ? Should another update also be installed ? What am I missing ?

Franc.
15 REPLIES 15
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Re: VCA agent 2.2.0.820 -> no checkboxes for multiple install

Franc van de Westelaken,

Just installing VCA is enough to create check box options,

Do you know, what was the previous version of VCA present in systems with no UI change [before upgrading to 2.2.0.820]?

Make sure the new VCA component got installed successfully & system restarted [if required] by checking system event viewer messages & from "c:\CPQSYSTEM\log\cpqsetup.log"
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

yes I'm sure the correct version is installed. Previous version was 2.1.10.801. When I go to the VCA screen it says version installed is 2.2.0.820. About 80% of the servers I installed this new version on, don't have the checkboxes. Very strange.

Franc.
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I even forced a reinstall but it didn't help. Still no checkboxes.

Franc.
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Hi Franc van de Westelaken,

VCA shows the checkbox only when it is configured to a Version control repository manager(VCRM) with support pack. Are you missing this?

Hope this will solve !!
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

unfortunately this isn't the case. I enabled a reference support pack (8.15B) to the VCA, but the checkboxes don't appear. On the system where the checkboxes do appear, they are even enabled when I don't have a reference support pack set.

Franc.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Franc,

Can you
1) copy "xsl.en" folder inside "C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\" folder from working system to a non-working system

2) restart VCA service & check if you are getting a UI changed in VCA home page.
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

thanks! That was the trick! I've checkboxes on every VCA agent on all servers now!

Strange though that even a uninstall and reinstall didn't resolve this and I had to manually copy the files from a working VCA agent.

Thanks again!

Franc.
Daniel Smith_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I've had the same problem with a couple of DL 380 G5's with this. I fixed by uninstalling completely via Add/Remove programs and installed the agent again from scratch and it now works ok. Seems to have happened on approx 1 box in 30?
Bernard Morte

Thanks for posting this fix.

I have tried it on several of our systems.
DL 360,360 G2,360 G3, and G4 with good results.