5500 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCRM 7.4.0.0 - Invalid Support Pack

John Fedor
Occasional Advisor

VCRM 7.4.0.0 - Invalid Support Pack

I've seen a few HP posts out there already such as

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Invalid-Support-Packs-in-Version-Control-Repository/td-p/4544049#.VFfFkbjnaM8

and

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Missing-two-items-from-latest-HP-Service-Pack/m-p/6408792/thread-id/58424/highlight/true#.VFf6f7jnaM9

but I'm not seeing how to determine what pieces are missing.  I've checked the recommendations in this one:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/VCRM-invalid-support-pack/td-p/4481623#.VFfFlbjnaM8

and those files don't seem to be listed/applicable in my particular case.

I have tried clearing everything out, re-uploading the support pack of HP_Service_Pack_for_ProLiant_2014.09.0_792934_001_spp_2014.09.0-SPP2014090.2014_0827.10.iso

After that is uploaded, I'll notice that it'll be flagged as an invalid support pack.

After the updates run overnight, I'll have 2 support packs listed as invalid:

HP Service Pack for ProLiant Version 2013.09.0c (English (US), Japanese) * 
HP Service Pack for ProLiant Version 2014.09.0 (English (US), Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)) * 

and 2 listed as ok:

HP Service Pack for ProLiant Version 2014.06.0 (English (US), Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)) * 
HP Service Pack for ProLiant Version 2014.02.0B (English (US), Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)) * 

Additionally, I'll see about a dozen errors about digital signatures

Failed to get digital signature from component cp022760.exe (just different files listed).

I can mark them as trusted if necessary, just seems that out of the gate that they aren't happy with the files.

VCRM is v7.4.0.0, which appears to be the latest.  Not sure if that is glitchy or if something else is amiss.  Don't recall haivng issues on such a clean build on previous deployments.  I've cleared out all the files and rebuilt catalog a few times and let it go through the upload process, just to make sure nothing was odd with that, but same results (insanity I supposed...doing same thing, expecting different results).

Any guidance (or pointing me to an existing article I may have overlooked) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
jsbieber

Re: VCRM 7.4.0.0 - Invalid Support Pack

Did you ever figure this out, I have the same issue?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to unpack the iso in a new folder and pointing you VCRM to that directory?

Wait for the index to complete.

Kind regards,

Andrew
John Fedor
Occasional Advisor

So, tried a few different things.

Upgraded to VCRM 7.4.1.0

Deleted the 3 "invalid" packs: 2013.09.0c, 2014.02.0b, 2014.06.0, and the 3 corresponding ISOs from the reposistory

This showed no errors in the status / all fine for the remaining support pack (2014.09.0).

Ran the catalog option, all still fine.

So, at that point, my respository is doing just fine in my opinion. No errors and the current ISO.

Next, I ran the update from hp.com, that pulled 2 ISOs down from HP (SPP2014060.2014_0618.4.iso & SPP2014020B.2014_0421.2.iso). Now those 2 support packs show up as problem entries in the catalog.

Many of the components were added properly, but a sample of the failed elements are shown below:

Failed to get digital signature from component cp022760.exe.    (HBA firmware update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp022259.exe.    (HBA firmware update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp022232.exe.    (InifiniBand firwmare update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp022079.exe.    (array controller firmware update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp021921.exe.    (InifiniBand firwmare update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp021920.exe.    (InifiniBand firwmare update)

Failed to get digital signature from component cp021919.exe.    (InifiniBand firwmare update)

Andrew - I did try emptying out the repository directory, then copying the E:\hp\swpackages from the ISO to the respository, and re-doing the catalog, same issue - no errors initially, then download from HP showing problems..

I noticed that 7.4.2.0 just came out last week - cp025418.exe. Tried that. Same issue/results.

I can't believe there is anything for me to really do on this. Just seems like something either wrong with the program or with the source files from HP.

Or is this related to the entitlement restrictions they started putting on some updates? They aren't BIOS, so wouldn't think so from what I recall of (and checking cp022760.exe - can get to that without entitlement it appears).

Thanks.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I regret to say that the only workaround is to disable the update function from your settings and check for updates or subscribe for allerts from HP. I only upload SPP's and no extra updates unless i get an email for any critical updates or security issues.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I also got the error you got and updated to the VCRM 7.4.1 and got a new "feature"

If you got this error go to the Catalog tab in the VCRM and find the option trust/untrust a component.

Find your untrusted package(s) and click the save button at the bottom, wait for the windows that says OK and you're ready to go.. HP calls this a feature, i call it a work around....

But then again it works....

Kind regards,

Andrew
John Fedor
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, I saw that feature/option in 7.4.0 as well.  Definately not the ideal solution, but sufficient band-aid I suppose.