New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL4048 fw upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
karesz55
Frequent Visitor

MSL4048 fw upgrade

Hi members, 

I'd like to update our MSL4048's firmware. Currently verison: 8.9 and i want to update 9.6. 
Little bit lost my mind in lot of information. Because when I just tried to browse the MSL4048_9.60.frm file, then it was unsuccessful. I got a message: invalid checksum. And then I read about the topic. I saw that I need gpg signature verification. 

But I didn't really follow the description. I see that I should run a command: gpg --import hpePublicKey2048_key1.pub

I got the hpePublicKey2048_key1.pub file, I also downloaded the HPE-GPG-Public-Keys.tar.gz collection
And i have 2 files for fw update: MSL4048_9.60.frm and MSL4048_9.60.frm.sig file.

How can i verify the form file? What is the exact process of this?

Thank you in advance.  

4 REPLIES 4
Greeshma21
HPE Pro

Hi @karesz55 , 

Please refer to this link for downloading the latest (Version 9.6) firmware. But you should have an active warranty or support agreement to log in and download.

Once you have the installable file handy, please scroll the same web page and refer to the mentioned 'Installation instructions'.

Regards,
Greeshma

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sid_M
HPE Pro

Hello Karesz55,

To resolve this issue. Try to download a fresh copy of the firmware file one more time from the below link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_f5a56567a3f2412aafaa46d6f4

Follow the below steps:

1. Power down the Library from the front panel remove the power cables and then wait 5 minutes
  2. Power up the unit and let it complete the scan cycle and then retry the upgrade with the newly-downloaded file.
  3. If the upgrade fails then reset the Library and retry the upgrade.
  4. Finally, If the above steps fail then log a case with our HPE L1 support team to get the controller replaced. As this could be a controller issue.

Thanks,

SidHPE

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
karesz55
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hello Guys,

I solved this problem.

The solution was to use HPE Library and Tape Tools. The update failed from RMI, but LTT was able to update the device's firmware without any problems.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @karesz55,

That's Awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and thank you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo