New Discussion

Storeonce vsa G4 Data Services goes offline

SOLVED
Go to solution
Davide Depaoli_3
Valued Contributor

Storeonce vsa G4 Data Services goes offline

Hello,

I have a StoreOnce VSA G4 (1T B free license), used as Veeam Catalyst repository, that occasionally takes services offline for alleged storage problems. the errors are followings:

Which occasionally takes services offline for alleged storage problems  Event Code E0343000019

Data Storage has gone offline. Resolve any hardware or storage connectivity issues and restart system.   

Event Code  E034300001F
Rebooting the appliance solve temporary the problem.

The the underlying storage system has no problems.
Since access to the vsa console is no longer possible, is it possible to check and possibly fix without reinstalling ?

thanks in advance
best regards
Davide

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Storeonce vsa G4 Data Services goes offline

System recommended content:

1. HPE StoreOnce VSA and High Availability Manager Deployment Guide for StoreOnce software version 4.2.3

2. HPE StoreOnce VSA System User Guide for StoreOnce software version 3.18.x

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

neutral
HPE Pro

Re: Storeonce vsa G4 Data Services goes offline

Hello @Davide Depaoli_3,

This issue could occur if there is a use of mixed-backed storage (SSD and HDD) on VSA's. Check whether the provisioned volumes are from the same storage disks, if not, kindly use only one type of disk storage and don't mix the disk types.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashik N S

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Davide Depaoli_3
Valued Contributor

@neutral Hello,

the storage system is an old FC 10k HDD only, where all production vm's are hosted, which are working properly.

The storeonce issue is totally random, there is no particular event that triggers the problem.

thank you

best regards

Davide

Mohammed_I
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Davide Depaoli_3,

In summary, when volumes were created, it was possible for one of the new volumes to be reported in a bad state.
 As soon as an offline volume was detected, for caution, we shut down the file system and reboot the system to repair.
 In this case i would recommend you log a case with Support team with support ticket.

Thank you ..

Thank you!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Davide Depaoli_3
Valued Contributor

Hello Mohammed,

thanky for the explanation.

I cannot open a support case because the 1TB free license is not eligible for support.  Anyway, I'm using StoreOnce as a sencodary target for backup in addition to tape, and I can risk a possible crash/reinstallation of the appliance.

best regards

Davide

Mohammed_I
HPE Pro

Hi Davide Depaoli_3,
VSA Free 1TB license Your VSA has a 90 license. I suggest you to install a Permanent 1TB Free license. For better performance . Thank you .

Thank you!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo