1748150 Members
3622 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OS / CLI for beginner

Transmitter
Occasional Advisor

OS / CLI for beginner

Hello from Germany, I want to increase my network knowlege. So I want so buy a aruba switch but my prefed model Aruba 2920-48G (J9729A) is (to) big. So I ask myself is there a model with (nearly) the same OS - for example HP-ProCurve-Switch-2510-48G-J9280A-48-Port - so I can train and try to handle the command line (CLI) first a bit? If so which one do you recommend?

Big THX, Tom

3 REPLIES 3
-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello Transmitter ,

If you like 2930 series you may check the smaller switches like 8 ports, 12 ports from these series:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/switches/2930f-series/

Hope this helps!

PS: it is important also what type of features you will test as 2510 is maily L2 managed switch, while 2930 is L3 switch. 2930 has more features. So this also is a point for you to decide. I would choose 2930 as it has more features so that I can test. Also it is important that if you are getting switch maybe look for two switches as you might have to test different features for which you might test only if you have another switch so you might get two different switches and combine it one of one series one from another.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Transmitter
Occasional Advisor

The main question is the OS. Before I byu a big and expensive ARUBA-Switch I want to know the OS/CLI.  So is the OS and the hadling nearly the same or quite different?

Emil_G
HPE Pro

removed my answer

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo