Web and Unmanaged
1753868 Members
7005 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

J9450A TFTP Update problem (Error! File transfer has failed)

OleJukka
Visitor

J9450A TFTP Update problem (Error! File transfer has failed)

I have tried to update my switch from version p.1.17 to versin p.2.24, and i have also tried other versions but got the same Error ewry time.

(Error! File transfer has failed)

Someone that knows how to fix that problem.

5 REPLIES 5
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: J9450A TFTP Update problem (Error! File transfer has failed)

Hi,

Is TFTP server reachable from switch?

Check space available in flash., if available space is less then file size then also you will get this error.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
OleJukka
Visitor

Hi

The file size shutent be a problem and it is also downloading data but at a certain point it fails. The file is only 2 mb and i have only one image on the switch.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Normally this failure happens if there are not enough memory on flash or issue with TFTP server..

Are you trying via CLI or GUI?

Are you able to save/write mem on the switch?

Can you please check TFTP server and its connectivityas well?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
OleJukka
Visitor

HI 

The switch is only manageable with the GUI, it is an HP ProCurve 1810g-24. And yes i can save configurations and so fare as i know schut ewrething be ok whith the TFTP conectin. I'm using 3CDaemon as TFTP server.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Can you try to reboot the switch and check again and, if the issue remains then kindly log a case with support?

Thanks!