1753720 Members
4965 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XP512

SOLVED
Go to solution

XP512

Any one can provide detail how to connect XP512 or XP1024 to HPUX Box( 11.11), and how to create LUN and how to use LDEVs.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

Chek this out :
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=47549

Regards,
I'll sleep when i am dead.
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

You have to use s/w command View SDM to manage your XP boxes. This is an GUI based tool

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

You should have gotten CommandView/XP (or rewuest an upgrade) along with your XP512 purchase.

CommandView/XP allows for easily carving out LUNS from the raid groups on the XP512...
Hakuna Matata.
Paul Hawkins
Frequent Advisor
Solution

You can also use Remote Control to manage your XP. This is set up by the HP Engineer and sits on a private lan connected to the SVP (laptop inside the XP cabinet). Its not as user-frendly as Command View but it has all the functionality.
Disk Allocation:
Basically HP will split up all the disks you have bought and chop them up into smaller peices - Typically Open-E's (14 GB chunks).
These chunks can be presented to hosts as luns by creating a SCSI path in RemoteControl. You then need to set up lun security to associate your hosts WWN with the lun. As long as your switch zoning is set up correctly your lun should be visible to the host. If you want to join up a number of luns then you create a LUSE volume.
....Just a few pointers....
Cheers
Paul
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

What's the smallest LUN size I can present to a Windows 2003 server, yet have it be expandable in the future?