1753478 Members
6057 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OA, VC access through firewall using NAT ip

Joe Camilleri
Occasional Advisor

OA, VC access through firewall using NAT ip

Has anyone set up access to the OA or VC using a NATed ip through a firewall ? Since the enclosure handles the failover of the OA do I need a NAT for both OAs ip addresses. I woud think I would need a NAT for each VC if accessed directly but If I access the VC from the OA do I need a NAT for the VC ?
2 REPLIES 2
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

You could probably use the Enclosure IP mode for the OA - which would give you a single IP address to access the Active OA.

For Virtual Connect, you could use the Domain IP Address (optional feature) which would give you a single IP address to access the VC manager.

So, you'll need two NAT'd IP addresses to access through the firewall for each enclosure.

Note: I have not tried this myself, so there may be something else you have to set up.
James_T_White
Advisor

One thing to keep in mind with your OA, VC and iLO ports behind a firewall doing NAT is that you won't be able to select the VC's or iLO's from an OA session. You have to connect directly from your Browser using the external IP address. I suppose you could just configure the VC's and iLO's using the external addresses but I haven't tried it.

My preferred method is to set up a "dial-up" VPN through the firewall that drops me directly onto the network that the OA's are connected to.