Re: HPE oneview license and features

SOLVED
Go to solution
baber1
Regular Advisor

HPE oneview license and features

Dear all

Hi

I have 4 questions about hpe oneview license: I bought two HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO and 20 ilo advance license now

1-how many servers can i manage via oneview with my licenses?

2- What features have HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO ?

3- What features have HPE OneView Advanced with ILO?

4- i have a cluster with more than 10 hosts now want to use proactiveHA

can i run and config it with my license ( HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO and 20 ilo advance license ) ?

15 REPLIES 15
baber1
Regular Advisor

It is so strange for me no one cannot help

Siddhartha_M
Advisor

Hello,

For more information about OVA license please check below user guide and management guide.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00037746en_us&docLocale=en_US

https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/a00081895en_us

Should you need any further support please log a support case.

Thanks,

I am an HPE employee

I am a HPE Employee
baber1
Regular Advisor

Is oneview advance license trial for 60 days ?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Is oneview advance license trial for 60 days ?

Yes.  Although, you will not lose functionality if your trial goes beyond 60-days.  The appliance will simply display a Warning message of servers that do not have a license applied.

As to your other questions:

1-how many servers can i manage via oneview ?

This is documented in the HPE OneView Support Matrix, which you can find on the Enterprise Information Library.  Today, it is 740 servers per appliance.  But that can change depending on if rack mounts (i.e. DL/ML/Apollo) or c-Class BladeSystem.

2- What features have HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO ?

3- What features have HPE OneView Advanced with ILO?

HPE OneView does not require iLO Advanced licenses for management functionality.  iLO Advanced license is needed (which is bundled with the HPE OneView Advanced SKU) for only iLO specific features you may require (e.g. remote graphical console, scripting virtual media, recording console for playback, etc.) or for power and thermal monitoring.

4- i have a cluster with more than 10 hosts now want to use proactiveHA can i run and config it with my license ( HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO and 20 ilo advance license ) ?

If you are asking about the VMware vSphere Proactive HA feature introduced in vSphere 6.5, that is an independent feature to OneView, and is not a requirement.  HPE OneView does not require it for operations, nor for high availability of the virtual machine appliance (VMA).  Only VMware HA, Microsoft Failover Cluster Service, or Red Hat Clustering for KVM are needed to ensure high availability of the VMA.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

So thanks

but that is so strange for me you said ProactiveHA in vcenter is independent to oneview ?

but in all of documents and also your colleagues said proactiveHA will not work without oneview

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I stated that Proactive HA is a VMware feature that is completely I dependant of OneView Appliance itself. OneView for vCenter integration that can manage Proactive HA requires OneView for physical host invenyory purposes.

And I thought you were asking about VMware Proactive HA was a requirement for the OneView Appliance, and it is not.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

Thanks

But oneview and OV4VC are requirements for run proactiveHA or I can run proactiveHA just with OV4VC (oneview for vCenter)  without oneview ?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

If you need to use Proactive HA, which integrates with hardware alerts and status from the OEM partner, like us HPE, then yes. But Proactive HA is not required for O eView to operate.

Do you need the HPE OneView Advanced license for the OneView for vCenter integration to work with Proactive HA? No. But OneView is required for server inventory and health status the Proactive HA plug-in provider needs. Which you can get with using the HPE OneView Standard license (free, does not require any license keys.)

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

ok

i am a little confused

1- As all of my servers are DL580 G10 and need to run proactiveHA and proactiveHA will not work without oneview thus i need install oneview and then run proactiveHA ?

2- Is that mandatory use and install oneview if I just want run proactiveHA or can just deploy OV4VC for use proactiveHA or had to deploy both of them ? (my means is just for run proactiveHA)

BR

Babak