1752754 Members
4874 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install CTM on OpenVMS?

shubhadip Deb
Advisor

How to install CTM on OpenVMS?

I am new user to open VMS. I am trying to install CTM in that. can anyone suggest me what are the steps I need to follow to install CTM.
18 REPLIES 18
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install CTM on OpenVMS?

Shubhadip,

"CTM" (at least according to Wikipedia) has a multitude of meanings.

Of which particular one does the OP refer to?

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

shubhadip,

is this the cluster test manager you are referring to or is it anacronym for something else ?
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Hello and welcome to ITRC.

The only CTM I'm aware of is the HP Cluster Test Manager package, and CTM is an HP-internal tool used to test OpenVMS and specifically to test OpenVMS Cluster configurations. For those unfamiliar with it, there's a public overview of CTM here:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/v3/ctm.html

If this is the same CTM package (and/or some of the related HP testing tools including XQPXR, IOX, and Faulty Towers) that you're having trouble with, then it's not one that that non-HP external folks can particularly help you with. And I don't know if the contact information from the CTM above article is current.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/dtj/vol6num1/vol6num1art3.txt

If you post up a copy of the CTM kit for download, we could certainly take a look at it for you. :-)

As for a general installation issue, the two major installation tools for released products are PCSI and VMSINSTAL. There is an overview to these two tools here:

http://64.223.189.234/node/570

and there are various materials available in the OpenVMS documentation set.

As for features or installation problems or requirements specific to CTM (if this is the HP tool), that would be something you'll have to discuss with (other?) HP folks.

If it is some other CTM package involved here and not the HP tool, you'll want to provide the full package name, and some details on what OpenVMS architecture and version, and what commands and error messages and such are arising here. And if this is an external product, check with the product documentation such as an install manual and with the package vendor.

And again, welcome to HP ITRC.
Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

And I don't know if the contact information from the CTM above article is current.

--

It is not; that contact is no longer with HP.

I don't know who the current contact is.

I tried a couple of years ago to get CTM
released to the public, but was not successful.
Too bad; it's a nice tool.

-- Rob
shubhadip Deb
Advisor

Yes CTM stands for Cluster Test manager.
Duncan Morris
Honored Contributor

CTM is an internal HP package - if you are an HP employee then you should be accessing your own internal resources for assistance.

If you are not an HP employee, then what are you doing with this package? Please read Hoff's response and read up on PCSI and VMSINSTAL.

Installation of software as complex as CTM is not a task for an inexperienced user.
shubhadip Deb
Advisor

I am supposed to USE CTM because I have an open VMS installed in my server and I work on HP Itanuim server.

I have the instllable with me and I need to install and use different features of CTM.

If someone can assist me in getting started with the installation process of CTM, it will be of great help.

is there any other tool which gives more/less functionality which CTM provides in open VMS environment ?
Kumar_Sanjay
Regular Advisor

Shubhadip,

read all the link suggest by Hoff.

thats really has all the info.

I believe there must be some SPD cmae with this...? Would you bother to read?
shubhadip Deb
Advisor

Hi I am stuck here with an issue with open VMS. I have a local disk with name to it as HP$DKA100: and have a USB drive with HP$DNA2: . I want to copy 2 files into the local directory, but unable to see those files. Can anyone suggest me if I can copy those files into a directory in local drive HP$DKA100: . I created a directory HP$DKA100:[KITS] in the local drive.