ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1758535 Members
1911 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

ILO 5 3.00-DL380 GEN10-cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString not consistent between different traps

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marco Correnti Techno S
Frequent Advisor

ILO 5 3.00-DL380 GEN10-cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString not consistent between different traps

Hi all

We receive cpqDa7PhyDrvStatusChange traps with different cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString value for the same HD and also the cpqDaCntlrHwLocation is not always present.

cpqDa7PhyDrvStatusChange trap received sysName=LIRA-recsrv1-ilo. cpqHoTrapFlags=8 cpqDaCntlrHwLocation= cpqDaPhyDrvCntlrIndex=0 cpqDaPhyDrvIndex=0 cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString=Slot=0:Port=1I:Box=3:Bay=1 cpqDaPhyDrvType=other(1) cpqDaPhyDrvModel=1 cpqDaPhyDrvFWRev= cpqDaPhyDrvSerialNum= cpqDaPhyDrvFailureCode=13 cpqDaPhyDrvStatus=other(1) cpqDaPhyDrvBusNumber=0

cpqDa7PhyDrvStatusChange trap received sysName=LIRA-recsrv1-ilo. cpqHoTrapFlags=16 cpqDaCntlrHwLocation=Slot 0 cpqDaPhyDrvCntlrIndex=0 cpqDaPhyDrvIndex=3 cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString=Port=1I:Box=3:Bay=1 cpqDaPhyDrvType=sas(4) cpqDaPhyDrvModel=EH000900JWHPP cpqDaPhyDrvFWRev=HPD8 cpqDaPhyDrvSerialNum=5130A0CXF9ZF cpqDaPhyDrvFailureCode=20 cpqDaPhyDrvStatus=failed(3) cpqDaPhyDrvBusNumber=0

In the first trap there is the "Slot=0" in the cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString that is not present in the second trap ; we use this value to build a "key" for the alarm in our NMS system.

Moreover the value of cpqDaCntlrHwLocation sometimes is present sometimes is not.

in particular when the cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString is missing the "Slot=0"  this value is present in the cpqDaCntlrHwLocation

Is this the expected behavior?

I could create the "key" using both values, but I would like to avoid it.

If this is a bug, it has been corrected in these version of ILO ?

ILO 5 3.02 Fix for inconsistent physical drive status reported by iLO SNMP interface as compared with iLO GUI or Redfish interfaces

ILO 5 3.04 Fixed an issue where physical drive status was reported incorrectly in SNMP.

Thanks in advance.

Marco Correnti

ILO IML

Clipboard_05-02-2024_04.jpg

NMS system.

Clipboard_05-02-2024_02.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: ILO 5 3.00-DL380 GEN10-cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString not consistent between different trap

Hello,

From the screenshots provided, it appears that the hard drive installed in "Slot 0 Storage - Drive at Port 1| Box 3 Bay 1" is in predictive failure state. The recommended course of action is to back up data, and if there is a known working spare drive available, having the same spare part number, then install it and see if the error go away. If so, at least one error is being addressed!!

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Marco Correnti Techno S
Frequent Advisor

Re: ILO 5 3.00-DL380 GEN10-cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString not consistent between different trap

@TVVJ Many thanks for your reply.

My problem is not the broken HD but the information sent with trap by the ILO, as I thought I had explained well previously.

Ciao

Rakesh0404
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: ILO 5 3.00-DL380 GEN10-cpqDaPhyDrvLocationString not consistent between different traps

Hi, As per the Release notes of ILO 3.04 version, the fixes are mentioned. 

Request you to update the firmware and verify the alerts. 

ILO 5 V3.04 Release notes- https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00004297en_us&page=GUID-7E3503C3-4133-4904-A91A-D3F433C3D283.html

ILO 5, V3.04 user guide : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00105236en_us&docLocale=en_US&page=GUID-950AD15D-F16B-41ED-B9DB-D7923A8CC3F8.html

Error message identifiers - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00003116en_us&page=GUID-F0AAC44A-BE05-4016-95AA-D5368D857D43.html&docLocale=en_US

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Marco Correnti Techno S
Frequent Advisor

@Rakesh0404 many thanks for your reply. You have confirmed what I have mentioned in my first post.

Regards.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Marco Correnti Techno S,

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo