New Discussion

récupérer les données, disques durs configurés en RAID5 sur un serveur HPE

SOLVED
Go to solution
habibsoft31
Visitor

récupérer les données, disques durs configurés en RAID5 sur un serveur HPE

Bonjour, 

j'ai un serveur HPE proliant dl380 gen 10, hors service , probeleme de carte mere, a cause d'electricité, et je veux recuperer mes données (hyperviseur esxi avec des Vms) qui sont sur les disuqes durs configurés en RAID5? est-ce que si je les placent dans un autre serveur HPE dl380 gen8 avec RAID5 je peux recuperer mon server? la reconstruction RAID5 dans le serveur gen8 n'affectera pas mes données?

Google Translated: 

recover data, hard drives configured in RAID5 on an HPE server
Good morning,

I have an HPE proliant dl380 gen 10 server, out of service, motherboard problem, due to electricity, and I want to recover my data (esxi hypervisor with Vms) which is on the hard drives configured in RAID5? if I place them in another HPE dl380 gen8 server with RAID5 can I recover my server? RAID5 rebuild in gen8 server will not affect my data?

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: récupérer les données, disques durs configurés en RAID5 sur un serveur HPE

Hi,

I have an HPE proliant dl380 gen 10 server, out of service, motherboard problem, due to electricity, and I want to recover my data (esxi hypervisor with Vms) which is on the hard drives configured in RAID5? can if I place them in another HPE dl380 gen8 server with RAID5 I can recover my server? RAID5 rebuild in gen8 server will not affect my data?

You cannot take drives out of Gen10 and put them into Gen8.
The drives must be put in the same position, same bay numbers.
Smart Array controller must be the same model with same firmware or updated firmware.
Server model should also be the same.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

habibsoft31
Visitor

Thank you for your response, and if I replace the motherboard of this server (gen10) will the server start normally! or I have to pay attention to the RAID5 configuration (whichever is the same as the old one) ?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Make sure you are replacing the mother board with same part number as the older one.

RAID information will be stored on the hard drives itself, so once you replace the board, the server should boot fine.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

habibsoft31
Visitor

OK, Thank's for your valuable advice, have a good day

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @habibsoft31,

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo