Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753458 Members
4788 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll

Linda J Ryan

Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll

Hi, after Upgrading my servers to Proliant support pack 8 I have recurring events logged in Event Viewer Application logs for serveral of the servers.

Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00005370.

This error is logged every two minutes. These are Proliant DL380 servers running MS Server 2003 sp2 (all 32 bit).

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,
Linda Ryan
31 REPLIES 31
Matt Finnigan
Advisor

Re: Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll

I'm having very similar problems with one ProLiant DL360 running SBS 2003 SP1.

Reporting queued error: faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.1830, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.762, fault address 0x00008a8c.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Linda J Ryan

The problem is not with wmiprvse.exe crashing. It is an application error with the faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll. This started right after I deployed Proliant Support Pack 8 through HP SIM 5.1 to my servers. 9 out of 20 of them have this error logged in event viewer every two minutes.
Matt Finnigan
Advisor

Does anyone have any ideas on this one? I'm thinking of uninstalling all HP components and then reinstalling the PSP 8.00A.

I don't want to have to do a WMI rebuild, because this is a SBS server with Exchange, and I think that's kind of complex.
Linda J Ryan

I solved my particular problem by uninstalling HP Insight Management WBEM Providers and rebooting the servers.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Linda:

Did you happen to call this in to customer services and get a case number for this? If so, can you send it to me via email at firstname[dot]lastname[at]hp[dot]com.

Thanks,
David
Linda J Ryan

Hi David,

Sorry, I did not call it in, so I don't have a case number.

Linda
Casha Meyer
Advisor

For this error : Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00005370.

- What Nics do you have installed?

- How are the nics configured? If they are teamed, how many teams and what are the teams going to (i.e. network team or iscsi san solution)

- Version of HP Network Configuration Utility ?

- Version of HP Network Teaming Virtual Miniport Driver ?

FrankW
Frequent Advisor

I've the same problem exactly and have not been able to resolve. So I just wanted to see if anyone had already found a solution.